F

Fusion Warrior

My computer details:

900Mhz AMD-Duron
20GB 7200rpm
287MB Ram
32MB nVidia TNT2 gfx
Windows XP Pro

I am having trouble with the FPS in gta3. They are really slow. I have about 2 patches which are "supposed" to speed up the performance but it's not doing much. I customize the display options and it's at 640x480x16 bit. What can i do to make it faster?

Yeah I would agree buy a new video card I had them same problem until I upgraded. But I have a xbox now so I really don 't play 2 many games now on the old computer!!!!

then click
COMMON SOLUTIONS TO COMMON PROBLEMS

thats probably the best
or post something
someone will help!!:D :p

GTA 3 is just one of those games that, no matter what system you have, its very hit and miss as to how it will perform or if it will run at all. I've been lucky as mine runs sweet, but there are too many people experiencing problems. When you have a 2 gig P4 with a geforce 4 Ti4600 and can only get smooth frame rates in 640x480 you know somethings very wrong - and this is the case with a friend of mine. Even PC Gamer said in their review to make sure you get it from a shop with a no quibbles refund policy as theres a very good chance it wont work at all. I think they've done a belting job with the game, but it looks like they need to bring out one hell of a patch to sort out all that's wrong with the compatibility side of things.

BTW - has anybody downloaded the new radar thats available ? Much better than the original in my opinion - theres a link to it from GTA3.com - picture attatched :D

i agree with the consensus, you need at least a high-end geforce 2 to play GTA 3 at decent rates.

Yes , upgrading to another video card it's a very good ideea ( not only for GTA 3 ) . I've experienced slow FPS with an TNT M64 in GtaA 3 .

ooo...

Looks like a good reason to load the game up again :)

I managed to get better frame rates by turning off tire tracks in the graphics options.

Originally posted by xsk8zerox
id say buy a better video card

I don't think that will work because you have a very slow processor (in terms of gaming) and that will hold you back even if you have a better video card

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back