slow ex-perience load

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
every time i try to load this web page it is really really slow, any other pages i go to are fast and even if i clear all temp out they are still fast and this one is slow, i am just woundering if it is me or it is the server that has become to busy????? and my dns cash is maxmized for my speed and my connection is an 8mb so it might be me but i am not sure.

Posted by canadian_divx
every time i try to load this web page it is really really slow, any other pages i go to are fast and even if i clear all temp out they are still fast and this one is slow, i am just woundering if it is me or it is the server that has become to busy????? and my dns cash is maxmized for my speed and my connection is an 8mb so it might be me but i am not sure.

It's not just you, the site has been slow lately, prob due to high traffic.

same thing here.. either the server (lots of hits) or lots of traffic congestion in the server's area.. who knows...

Yeah... server seems to be under a lot of stress today... sorry for any problems this is causing.... trying our best to find a resolution to the problem

MdSalih

I thought I was the only one...
Hope you get the slow response issue taken care of.

Hmmmmmmm... I just noticed a coming soon for xp-erience.org. Should I be anticipating something huge? :D

bruce_ers00 - yeah... you should be anticipating something :D

heh... yep... site is gonna be having some cool changes very soon.. so watch this space :)

MdSalih

Hmm, the speed has picked up a little here, has been slow all day.
We think it is due to the site being in the UK and the database being in the USA. It could of course have been problem on the database hosts side. We are working to make XP-erience better and you will seen the culmination of our efforts as soon as we want you to... snoochies.

yep, the speed will lessen soon.. just bare with us..soon..very soon :D

slow speed with dsl connection. that is kinda weird :) . u wonder why the hell u pay for that fast connection if everything is still loading slow ??

EP are you telling members xp-erience is running off DSL when it's really running off of your 56K connection? :p :D

Jewelzz i dont mean that. i've asked EP about why it's so slow and he did say it was running off his 56k. i mean that i browse internet with dsl and some stuff still loads slow.

What do we need to do to solve this prob for good. It's not just today or yesterday it's been sloooow for weeks.

I love this site!!! A wealth of information.

With over 20,000 members if we can get at least 10% to contribute $1.00 each that's 2grand. Will that help?

I am willing to donate to the cause...anyone else?

i would donate but i dont know how and i ahve canadian money but i am willing to learn how and to make it mre than 1 dollar

Can we get a Moderator involved here and possible set up a Donation box on the home page?

Let's do it...

I just checked my connection....it Rips!!!! But this site is like being back on 56k if not worse. I feel sorry for the poor souls on a dialup connection. They probably leave before they even get here.

Posted by canadian_divx
how hard would it be to have the database in the UK???? that might help a lot

How hard? How about $2000 less in hard currenty.. per month :)

As for donations, I would feel uneasy taking money :(
waddy may feel different tho ;)

I am on dialup... the delay is not connection dependent... on dialup it speeds along... the lag is the connection between the UK server and the US server.

But don't worry the new US server is almost ready :)

adding my 2 cents
wether it makes a difference or not, but i havnt noticed that great a change in speed here in Australia
im on dailup and havnt had too many dramas...

cheers

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back