• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

slow choppy video

X

xpbob

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help me w/a problem I'm having. Whenever I watch tv or a dvd on my computer, it starts out fine, then progressively gets slower and choppier. I update my graphics card and tv tuner card drivers regularly, but none seem to solve the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)
Here's my specs:
Dell Dimension 4100- 1GHz
512 MB SDRAM
Geforce 2 GTS video card
Hauppage WinTV Radio pci tv tuner card
Windows XP Home
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768, 32-bit
ViewSonic A70 17" monitor

J

JK1

I'd start with the basics. Make sure it isn't overheating. Are you running anything overclocked?
I have an AverTV tuner and don't run into the same thing unless somthing is running in the background. ie:Norton antivirus scan.

X

xpbob

Thanks for responding. I'm not running anything overclocked and there isn't very much running in the background. Even when I close everything in the background, I still have the problem.

D

Doubleight8

How long have you had this card for? If I have problems like that i just reformat and clean install windows.

It works a lot of times!

X

xpbob

I've had the card for about about a year and a half, but it's only been a few months since I installed (and reinstalled) winXP, including hd format.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown