Slow BIOS text rendering

Would the M/B battery do anything like this? If, say, it was dying out? But then if it was the BIOS would be resetting itself constantly. Wouldn't it?

Hey Mizzle, do you have a phone with a camera? If so does it do video? Take a vid clip of the screen while the computer boots. E-mail it to yourself or up-load it to your computer or whatever you can do and then attach it here in the thread so we can see what it is it's doing. Maybe one of us will see something and say, "AH HA! That's it!" :D

Some how I don't think it would be the battery, but we cannot be sure unless we test it.

Right, weird problems sometimes take weird solutions.

Hehe, the computer is about 3-4 months old, so I doubt it's the battery. It works fine :)

I'll do a video of it now :)

OK saw you Oscar winning performance there. :p That glare from the light didn't help much and the language is not English. :rolleyes: ;) So unfortunately I can't read it :( but it looks like that last part of screen text is what usually comes up after a bad windows shut down. It tells you that Windows didn't shut down properly and goes and asks which way you want to boot. I think it's called the "Advanced Options Menu".

I think like this:
ss3.jpg

Or this one:
68224pick-last-known-good.gif

Am I correct?

Also it looks like it scrolls up and down through the various options by itself, or was that you doing it? If it is scrolling through by itself then that is really not good. If it was you then... But as for the text showing on the screen it come out at what looks like normal speed, but the screen itself is the bad thing. Again if it is the screen I think it is then Windows is having a problem every time you shut down.

Her is the other screen I remember for when you have a bad start up in Windows.

Bb457126.f0czs01_big(en-us,TechNet.10).jpg

Are any of these the one you are getting?

Yep, that's the one. I closed it down incorrect on purpose to get it to show on boot. I was doing the scrolling, simply to show how slowly it renders the text, line by line.

Well the speed of the text isn't such an issue really. It did not seem to be slow, well to me anyway. But then again it could be due to the improper shutdown(s). And if you are having improper shutdowns then that's what you really should be concerned about because something isn't right in Windows land. Maybe something that runs in the background is hanging when Windows shuts down.

Do you get a pop-up window like this for any programs when you shut down Windows?
Troubleshoot-EndProgram.png

Go into the "Event Viewer" under "Administrative Tools" in the "Control Panel" and see if you have had any problems under the "Application" or "System" heading.

One thing we never got, is this XP or Vista?

lol, no that's what's bugging me. Absolutely nothing's wrong with the system. The text rendering is really slow. I accidentally put it on a detailed bootup process like the linux ones, where it shows all the processes it starts up, and it took a full 10 minutes to render all that bloody text, because it had to re-render everything for each single new line / process.

Well then, take it off the detailed boot up. Then maybe it will go "zoom zoom".

*slaps Mizzle with dead Trout* :p

HAH hah hah :laugh:

Hey EP! If ya haven't sent that HP Laptop to Mizzle yet... DON'T!!! :p

*runs*

That was normal speed for a laptop in the recovery screen.

PS You don't need a flood light when recording form a monitor. They make their own light.

PS You don't need a flood light when recording form a monitor. They make their own light.

Ouch. :dead:

And to think he won't have to worry about these things when his new super duper cool HP Laptop gets delivered. ;)

I did get rid off that detailed boot immediately! :D

But nope, this is not the normal speed. It's way slower than it used to be, trust me.

LeeJend,
I had a couple of windows just behind me! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back