Slot A - Socket A ??!!!

Originally posted by Chastity
Sorry I misread ur post on the Hammer part.

Don't know never seen a board for one. I could get one if somebody would give me a loan of $1500 or more in Us Dollars
Hehe, or we could just kindly ask some poor company who bought one...I'm sure they'll be eager to get rid of it by now. Sucks that they underperform so much. But they were really meant to just address larger amounts of memory, right?

I was just saying, no one else could distinguish between them.

Looks like a cartridge without the cover, but I could be wrong. Sorry, I got us off topic...:(

Actually I didn't mind but I thought the person who started the thread might.

Nah, Chastity, don't mind, at least not much ;)

Dave, whatever you are smoking must be pretty good ;) Can you send me some? There are 2 DIFFERENT beasties - Socket and Slot "A". Look up the Abit KA7/KA7-100 if you have ANY doubts about this issue. This is MOST Definitely a SLOT A board.

UofEEE:
How is that Asus K7V on your mom's machine?
I have been reading reviews of it (2 years old or so), and seems everyone (Tom, Anand, etc.) really liked it.

Thanks!
M2K

Mine's the K7M, it's a hybrid AMD Northbridge and Via Southbridge, and it's alright. It's solid, except for one problem, it's got AGP issues under Win XP. I was using an Nvidia GF2MX400 and it reset itself all the time. I couldn't determine the frequency of it...it happened randomly. But the K7V is a great board. It's the VIA version, so it's not Frankenstien. I'd recommend it, if you can find one at a decent price.

Thanks for the opinion UofEEE,

I had read that there are Nvidia issues, but as I use All-In-Wonder cards (video capture rocks), and don't game, this won't be an issue for me :)

Found the Asus K7V for about $90, which fits the budget nicely, so that is probably what I will do.

Thanks for the feedback,
M2K

Cosmin:
No.

Taurus:
THANKS! This was the board I had decided on late last night ;)
This price ROCKS!

Thanks everyone!
M2K

Opps!
I am actually looking for the Asus K7V, not the K7M...

Anyone know where I can get one (new) for less then $90?

Thanks!
M2K

P.S. Chastity - confused on your random "No Problem?"...

m2k ur post above my post should clear up ur confusion

Originally posted by morpheus2k
Opps!
I am actually looking for the Asus K7V, not the K7M...
you sure? the K7V is a socket A mobo... i pointed out the K7M cuz it was a slot A mobo and i thought that is what you needed.

Quick Point, AMD stopped making SlotA chips about a year ago, so just about all boards for AMD chips are now Socket A, hopesully, if no one else has mentioned this it should solve problems.

MSI, ABIT, ASUS are boards that I find good.

I use the Asus K7M board for my Athlon 700. It's been stable, except that the AMD 751 chipset has issues with Nvidia AGP video cards (will only run at 1x). Of course, it only supports up to 2x, so it may not be what you're looking for. Ebay has lots of listings for them, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back