sli-gaming

ikeelewis

OSNN Newbie
Have dual nvidia geforce 6800 cards on an asus a8n-sli mthboard, runs ok but on loading certain games e.g. links 2001 only shows half screen, yet set it to software redering, runs ok. Any help accepted, with view for future games.
Many thanks for help, games ok now.
Another problem..hosts file c:/windows/sys32/drivers/etc.............hosts file size =1.5kb with sample entries:-
127.0.0.1 ads.begwide.net
127.0.0.1 ads.box.sk
127.0.0.1 ads.clickbox.com etc.......Have not placed these in any restricted zone yet on deletion in safe/normal mode.. restore off/on mode will always reappear. run asus motherboard, nortons anti-virus, zonealarm firewall, will any of these place entries in host file, thereby protecting my pc or are the enteries a problem to solve,.
polease advise soonest. many thanks /..........ike

Last edited:
Every game you run on an SLI rig has to have setup information in the Nvidia drivers. nvidia is writing these and issuing frequent updates but there are hundred of titles that will need drivers.

You can make your own setup file for an unsupported game by looking for a game that uses the same engine and copying the file.

Or search the FAQs on the games web site. to see if someone else has already made a game file for a particular game.

Edit
It sounds like you're setup with split frame rendering in Links 2001 and is should be alternate frame rendering.

Edit 2
Aha! Found it finally.
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzExLDM=

How to script for unsupported SLI games. In SLI dual card mode it defaults to split fram rendering which is probably why half your screen is missing. The article tells you how to do (or mod an existing script) to make an unsupported game work.

Last edited:
ikeelewis said:
Have dual nvidia geforce 6800 cards on an asus a8n-sli mthboard, runs ok but on loading certain games e.g. links 2001 only shows half screen, yet set it to software redering, runs ok. Any help accepted, with view for future games.

thats a good point there bro ... the start of gta san andreas does that for me ... and sometimes when im playing other "unsupported" games i can see one half ..usually the upper is somewhat delayed and often ends up in a crash and says soem **** about the video driver being bad.

You need to write a script to tell the drivers to use alternate frames instead of the default split frame rendering. It looks pretty easy. Check out the link above.

Ike

The original SLI cards could not run one monitor on each card. You have to plug both monitors into one card and turn off SLI.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22820

Nvidia was supposed to fix this on the newer cards last summer. I have not found anything that confirms you can now run dual monitors in SLI mode.

I'd suggest you start a new thread on this subject. Sometimes people see the old thread date (2005) and don't respond.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back