Sleazy Circuit City Ripping Off Xbox 360 Customers

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Found this over at xbox-scene.com

"How bad does Circuit City want your money? So much so that the retailer is willing to "instal" backward compatibility on your Xbox 360. Reader Brad snapped a photo of this sign at Circuit City in Newport Beach, California, which reads:

Want to play your original xbox games on your new Xbox 360?
Backward compatibility on the Xbox 360 is done through software*
Let Circuit City install it for you
For just $28.99​

Not sure where to start with this scam to fleece unsuspecting customers, but "**** you Circuit City" will do for now. This unscrupulous retailer is trying to convince customers, who sadly do not know better, that this is a service they need--much like extended warranties and aftercare. Backward compatibility isn't even something that Circuit City can really install! I guess they can, but it updates over Xbox Live. And if you don't have an internet connection, Microsoft will happily send you the backward compatibility software, which users can easily install themselves."

circuit city is ****, no wonder no one shops there, how are they even able to operate anyway.

Just for the record, they aren't talking about me.

And yes, CC sucks.

we have another brad now, sorry man your on the out haha. :)

I thought that Brad was on xbox-scene.com

You probably deserve it if you bought an Xbox 360, j/k, but for real you probably do. :p

Ummm, sadly 90% of consumers would need someone to install the software for them. It's a tech illiterate world we live in. Think how many questions get posted here where all you have to do is read the manual or be able to spell google to find an answer.

PS I'll do the compatibility install for $24.99. ;-(

I don't really see the big deal, as Leejend said this is something a lot of people would need.

They offer a service, no one is forcing anyone to purchase it.

If I spend 300 or 400 on a system, pending the model, and I see that as something I want and don't know how to do, that's a reasonable price.

No everyone should work for free they should not charge for their time or internet connection how stupid is that.

Along these lines I met the girl of my dreams today.

She was drop dead gorgeous, blond (real), young, etc. But what made her perfect was she was ranting about the SOB's at Best Buy trying to charge her $200 for virus recovery. She was offended and asked them if she could just delete everything and install the programs back herself. They grudingly said yes, that is just what they would do.

She went home, surfed the web for instructions, found spybot, installed it and ran it, updated her antivirus and the machine was fixed. (It was just advertising software.)

I want to father her children. There need to be 100's of millions more like her. Sigh...

She was drop dead gorgeous, blond (real), young, etc. But what made her perfect was she was ranting about the SOB's at Best Buy trying to charge her $200 for virus recovery. She was offended and asked them if she could just delete everything and install the programs back herself. They grudingly said yes, that is just what they would do.

She went home, surfed the web for instructions, found spybot, installed it and ran it, updated her antivirus and the machine was fixed. (It was just advertising software.)

I want to father her children. There need to be 100's of millions more like her. Sigh...
Did you ask her out?

Just wondering how you found all this out? In the sense you were with her at the store and at home, you sly dog ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back