Slave Harddrive HOW!!

you have to set the jumpers on the back of the drive to slave.

You have to sneak up behind it, hit it in the head, put chains on it. You might want to keep it on a chain for a few months until it gets used to the idea of being your slave.

What kind of drive?? Maxtor, IBM, Western Digital??? What size? specs man, gotta have the specs.

you take some twesers and move the jumper around so t is in the slave setting. it depends on what type of drive, some say sl, ma, cs on the top or botton of the area, you have to match it up... i don't now what kind of drive you have becasue you didn't tell us, so, your gona have to tell us the make and compnay.

*yawn*

Lonman...you forgot to tell him 'what' to hit it in the head with.

Experts Recommend: Using your power supply.

i don't now why i jumped on to this thread, it seemed like i was being a good guy and all... but now i'm starting to think...

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
i don't now why i jumped on to this thread, it seemed like i was being a good guy and all... but now i'm starting to think...
Don't let it get to you man. Some folks had their appreciation gene removed at birth. Most of our members are pretty cool and don't transmit their frustration through to their posts.

since we are on this subject. I have recently been installing HD's on a couple different systems. Luckily I have only had to set the jumpers to Master, Slave, and Slave with limitations. However, I never understood what the Cable Select jumper setting was for.

I believe, (not sure) that Cable Select setting lets the drive or PC decide which drive is which.

if you set your jumpers to cable select, its position on the ribbon will determine its configuration. usually the drive on the front of the ribbon will be master and the other will be slave

Re: ...

Originally posted by dejav00
I believe, (not sure) that Cable Select setting lets the drive or PC decide which drive is which.

This is also generally used for raid.

Originally posted by Lonman
You have to sneak up behind it, hit it in the head, put chains on it. You might want to keep it on a chain for a few months until it gets used to the idea of being your slave.
Oh, that's how you do it. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back