Size of your playlist

S

seeme

Just out of COMPLETE curiosity, as i've been collecting MP3's since about 1998 when we had some of the earlier encoders available that would take like 1 hour to encode a 3 minute song at 128...and it was unheard of to uave a bitrate exceeding that as well...

I've just compiled my MP3 playlist, and excluding my classical collection which is a completely different kettle of fish, my stats are as follows:

2317 tracks in playlist, average track length: 5:05
Playlist length: 196 hours 50 minutes 35 seconds

ive attached my playlist as well, if anyone wants to download it.

I shudder to think how much space is take up on my hdd from this collection...especially considering that my average bit rate is 192kbit/sec...which brings me to the poll!

Thanks to a hard disk crash I've only got 256 tunes in my playlist atm, some range from 45-70minutes though.
Personally, I don't like mp3, I prefer ogg with a quality setting of 3 or higher.

My playlist for all my music is around 900 songs. Taking up around 4Gb of space. Adverage lenth is around 5min.

been collecting since about 2001, 1636 files, 105 hours, 27 mins and 36 seconds, size = 6.87 GB

oh and the first question, i prefer 192kbps :)

1895 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:15
Playlist length: 134 hours 25 minutes 5 seconds

http://www.ryandor.com/playlist.html

But I've got about 10 recently ripped CDs I've yet to add to my playlist.
..And I prefer 192k

-Ryandor

Last time I checked I had over 7500 mp3s consuming approximately 40gb of drive space. About 1/2 of those are my own rips, some I actually bought online and the others.... well ummmmm. Everything I ripped is 192 except my M.O.D. albums which are ultra super high quality VBR. Everything else is a mixed bag, but I'd say on average probably 160. I have nothing less than 128 b/c its just not worth it @ 112 or less.

i only got 268 mp3's. 1,115 gb mostly 128 and 192 kb.

"This tagline is made just for you."

I have 1422 songs in my playlist. I always had always encoded at 128 kb/s, for portability with my MiniCD MP3 player. But, soon I am gonna have a new MP3 player with 15 GB of space (the Philips HDD100), so i will re-encode my CD-collection to 192 KBs.
Unfortunately that doesn't count for my 80's collection, which was when I got it already 128k coded.

glannieboy, i fear that if you encode your music from 128 kb/s to 192 kb/s, i dont think you will actually get any better sound quality. you will just get files that say they are 192 kb/s
unless you are doing your cd collection, which i just say that you wrote, you wont have any problems!

but thats a tip for those out there that didnt know
ok, ill be quiet now...

i have a very assorted collection...from video games to even britney....ull see
i have 1021 songs, 65 hrs 40 min 29 secs. Most of the mp3s are at 128, with a few video game albums at VBR and 192 kbps. total space taken is 3.65 gb approx.
playlist is included

I used to use winamp2 to generate an html playlist but haven't quite figured out how to do that in winamp3. So anyway I'm not sure of total hours or anything but there are 2698 songs in my list. Anything that I encode is done at 192, other than that I'll just get the best one I can find. My Music folder takes up 11.5 gb on my hdd.

Originally posted by rick_422
glannieboy, i fear that if you encode your music from 128 kb/s to 192 kb/s, i dont think you will actually get any better sound quality. you will just get files that say they are 192 kb/s
unless you are doing your cd collection, which i just say that you wrote, you wont have any problems!

but thats a tip for those out there that didnt know
ok, ill be quiet now...

I said re-encode my CD-collection ;)

I've come close to doubling my playlist since I last posted...

3642 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:12
Estimated playlist length: 255 hours 14 minutes 35 seconds
(147 tracks of unknown length)

Need to fix those 147 though.

-Ryandor

http://www.ryandor.com/playlist.html

ketchup=friend theres a Winamp3 component called Playlist Guardian which will generate an html playlist :)

too big unfortunately - pushing 50-55gb I imagine... Most are my own rips and the rest are downloaded (no point in justifying it, cuz its non-justifiable tbh). Majority are at 128kbps (because 192 used to take forever to encode, 128 was slow enough)... the newer ones are 192 or higher (I've ripped some albums which sound awful at 192, so they get re-ripped at either VBR using Lame or at 320)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back