News Six Core processors coming from AMD and Intel

AMD plans to launch three six-core desktop processors (Thuban) under its new Phenom II X6 1000T series in May 2010, while Intel plans to launch its six-core desktop processors (Gulftown) beginning at the end of March, according to sources from motherboard makers.

Three processors from AMD, the Phenom II X6 1075T, 1055T and 1035T, will each adopt a 45nm process. AMD will also launch the quad-core Phenom II X4 960T alongside the six-core models, the sources noted.

AMD will launch compatible 890FX (RD890) and 890GX(RS880D) chipsets that pair with its SB850 southbridge, a month prior to introducing the CPUs, the sources added.

Intel's six-core desktop offering will kick off with the Core i7-980X, which is expected to be priced more than $1,000 USD, the sources said.

Both AMD and Intel declined the opportunity to respond to this report saying they do not comment on unannounced products.

:source: Source:Digitimes.com

Last edited:
I'm for it.

One of the biggest things that hold new technology back is that nobody is ready for it. So if you start slipping consumers more powerful stuff at the same price, it will make implementing new technology that much easier.

It's like DX11..."It's awesome, but there's no games for it. Even if we make a DX11 game, nobody will have the hardware so we will just continue making games with DX9."

Then games are forever limited to DX9 until an adequate number of consumers have DX11 capable cards.

The field is even larger for multithreaded apps.

N
I would buy one for sure. Get ready for future things.

Intel is supposed to be releasing an 8 core here soon ? I could have sworn I seen something about that some where .. Hmm ...

This would be great for people running OS's in a VM, more cores per VM while still able to run the host OS fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back