Sitemap howto

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Looking for a good tut/tool to build a sitemap for my site.

Never did one before, no idea where to start, and where to put it once completed.

Thanks,

Heeter

Hey all,

Looking for a good tut/tool to build a sitemap for my site.

Never did one before, no idea where to start, and where to put it once completed.

Thanks,

Heeter

Many designers use a tool like Visio to storyboard their site flow and navigation. The map develops from logical content flows, IMO.

I know that project managers often use PowerPoint to structure information, but I think that results in a less strong user experience.

Visio is pricey, but I'm sure there are less expensive products. Still, there's no substitute for user/reader advocacy guiding all your decisions.

The only way I have ever used a sitemap is if I was using a CMS. Which they do it automatically I think. Besides that I have never used or made one before but I have also heard that many designers do use Visio.

Interesting SpeedyB! Your answer reminds me that the perspective will inform a good decision:

1. whether the map is for
-- Real People to read and understand
-- automagic tools like search engines

2. whether the map
-- retroactively records what is
-- proactively helps determine navigation/flow

Ha, Great, Thanks Speedy.

Created one in a couple of secs using my Openoffice writer and saving it as .xml

I was wondering that there should have been a better way than to buy Visio for created a 1Kb sized document.

Thanks again,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back