Site Speed

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Have you noticed an increase in speed on both the site and the forums since wednesday?

Would appreciate your feedback.
As you may or may not know, we enabled an apache server module gzip which zips up all the pages before you start to download the data. Alot faster for displaying the text data on the page as it is all displayed at once.

Anyway, let me know. For me personally, on 64k its ooh so much faster :)

seems a little faster..

*holds on to steering wheel real tight*

I have not had a site issue since waddy and you fixed eveything upit is the fastes site I visit that has this many people and this much content

Well you did have those issues where the pages displayed strangely... gzipping should have solved those too!

I already have a super-fast connection, and, admittedly, I would never have known that you changed things unless you had this thread.

However, things are running very smoothly, so, at least, change didn't make things worse!

Melon

Originally posted by melon
I already have a super-fast connection, and, admittedly, I would never have known that you changed things unless you had this thread.

However, things are running very smoothly, so, at least, change didn't make things worse!

Melon

Same here. Can't really tell the difference on the T3 connection here in the res halls.
But it's snappy as ever, so it's all good. :)

I am on cable, (Compare it to a T1, its 10 Mbit down, 1 Mbit up). And i have noticed a difference, and at school on a T1 i have also.

Same here, I have cable, so I don't notice much of a difference. ;)

I didn't notice any difference and my RCWN is tweaked for broadband. Time to upgade the server...?;)

hrmm dont notice a vast difference through my 2mbit line, but it does feel faster, maybe hes lying and its a test of the placebo effect

i think it is faster, text is definatly quick to load with pics not far behind

There's a MASSIVE difference for me.
It used to take ages for the pages to load especially after replying to a thread.By the time my reply came up there'd be about 3 replies gone before me :mad:

I could make a cuppa in the time it took but now its whizzing along :D

no different AFAIk...

but gj if others are noticing difference...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back