• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Site Speed

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Have you noticed an increase in speed on both the site and the forums since wednesday?

Would appreciate your feedback.
As you may or may not know, we enabled an apache server module gzip which zips up all the pages before you start to download the data. Alot faster for displaying the text data on the page as it is all displayed at once.

Anyway, let me know. For me personally, on 64k its ooh so much faster :)

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
I have not had a site issue since waddy and you fixed eveything upit is the fastes site I visit that has this many people and this much content

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political User
I already have a super-fast connection, and, admittedly, I would never have known that you changed things unless you had this thread.

However, things are running very smoothly, so, at least, change didn't make things worse!

Melon

Originally posted by melon
I already have a super-fast connection, and, admittedly, I would never have known that you changed things unless you had this thread.

However, things are running very smoothly, so, at least, change didn't make things worse!

Melon
Same here. Can't really tell the difference on the T3 connection here in the res halls.
But it's snappy as ever, so it's all good. :)

X-Istence

Political User
I am on cable, (Compare it to a T1, its 10 Mbit down, 1 Mbit up). And i have noticed a difference, and at school on a T1 i have also.

hrmm dont notice a vast difference through my 2mbit line, but it does feel faster, maybe hes lying and its a test of the placebo effect

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
There's a MASSIVE difference for me.
It used to take ages for the pages to load especially after replying to a thread.By the time my reply came up there'd be about 3 replies gone before me :mad:

I could make a cuppa in the time it took but now its whizzing along :D

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies