[Site Name Suggestions Contest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I haven't thought of a prize as yet but lets have a contest over the course of the next few weeks or whatever and see who all can come up with a nice little name for the site :)

We have previously been Xp-erience.org and NTFS.org and are currently OSNN.net.

Toss out some suggestions and please, nothing too long or ridiculous and no spam. This thread will be regulated.

I will see what I can toss out as a prize, there are a coupla things I have in mind but I might have to buy something or maybe EP can send a poster of himself doing the running man :smoker:

Post format should be something like this:

Code:
Poster name: Sazar
Name Suggestion: OSNN
Meaning: Operating System News Network

and whatever else you want to add :)

I will donate funds towards the prize.

Not to be a pain, but why change?

Operating System News Network (OSNN) sums it up nicely, and isn't specific to a general OS/Technology family.

kcnychief said:

Operating System News Network (OSNN) sums it up nicely, and isn't specific to a general OS/Technology family.
Good question.

:cry:

I was the one who picked OSNN and nobody likes it

I kinda like a name contest, just to see what other people have in mind :p

Oooooh, so basically it's all a ruse.

kcnychief said:
right about the time we get this many constituents we have a problem that results in having to resolve a new name, and thus equalize our membership to the ranks of other tech sites

we're in preparation for that inevitable event

I like OSNN as a name as well, it fits a new operating system as well

Last edited:
Meh, I dunno are we really gonna change, say it ain't so!!!

Again?!

SodIT

Having a lot of options out there and then picking the one that seems most meritorious, or not, is not a bad thing IMO :)

Please keep posts on topic. Once we have some valid suggestions, I am going to go back and purge the OT posts.

Maybe we will change :p

Hrmmmmm, I have a nice name that we could use :p

If it changes, do all the stats and previous posts get lost?

Sorry i asked the question here ;)

Last edited:
Guys, please ask questions in a separate thread, only post your suggestions or ideas here. I don't know exactly whats going on, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Don't make me regret it :dead:

ow..... so thats OSNN..... i kinda wondring what in the world did i registered to? hehehehe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back