Sims 2 DirectX problem.

• Thread starter whimsical-im
  • Start date
W

whimsical-im

When I try to run The Sims 2, I get this:
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I have DirectX 9.0c,
Plus Sims 2 was working absolutely fine yesterday,
and has been working fine ever since I installed it, which was about 2 or 3 months ago.
I've done nothing funny to my computer at all. I haven't installed anything, I've visited the same websites I always visit and I've only opened MSN and AIM, so I've done nothing that I wouldn't normally do, and nothing that I'd think would harm or change my computer.

GTA2 isn't working either... which is the only other 3d game I have on the computer.
This is what it says when I open it.
"Failed to set fullscreen video mode: 17"

Can anybody help? :cry:

what graphics card do you have?

Card may be on the way out, or the drivers are not behaving.

Even if you have Direct X 9.0c installed on your machine, the hardware itself (video card) has to be able to support it. You can have DirectX1111 on your machine, but if your Card only supports DirectX5 for instance, you won't be able to take advantage of it (for example).

Since your card used to work, according to your statement, I would try going to the manufacturer/vendor website and obtaining the latest drivers.

Perhaps a re-install of those will do the trick, else could be faulty hardware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back