Simple utility to import pictures from camera

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a simple utility that will allow me to just import my photos from my camera into my computer. I don't want any albums, I don't want any special features. I just want to be able to say, import my pictures from here, to here.

I've been searching download.com and haven't found anything. Oh, btw, free software is highly recommended!

It's called Windows XP???

If the camera is USB compliant just plug the camera in and it will pop up a menu asking what to do with the pictures on the camera.

It's USB, but it has never ever asked me what to do with the pictures.

when you plug in the camera into the usb port open "my computer" and you will get a new icon for the camera just open it and you can copy the picture from there

if you plug it in and open my computer it should show up there under "other devices" you can then open like a hard disk and browse, move, delete, etc... the contents on the camera. My camera and my pocket pc both work in this fashion using windows xp.

hehe....must have posted at same time.....

Thing that sucks about that: I have to navigate about... 6 directories to get to my pictures if I go through Windows, heh.

Yup, the XP is so good I have not even loaded the Kodak software on my 'puter after I re formatted. It's less hastle than any other 3rd party programe you may find.

Zombies solution is a neat one - but involves $'s .... also some printers (like my all in one) have slots for memory cards, something to bear in mind if you are changing printer anytime soon....

No, see I'm not one for printing them, and I really have no need for a memory reader, I mean it's great that I have a dock and can just hit a button for it to load up. But the Kodak software just sucks, I wish Windows XP had an option to automatically import the pictures somewhere... I mean hell they've been good with that kind of stuff! Which sort of reminds me, whenever I put in a CD or something like that, you know how the box with different options pops up? That isn't coming up... what would cause that?

1/ I've got a kodak as well. I only load the software to transfer the photos (not the other rubbish) to a folder of my choice. I've put a shortcut to the software on the desktop & turned it off in msconfig. Turn it on only when I need it. As for looking at the photos all I use is Windows Picture Viewer. If it is the same as mine this is all I load>>>>> PTS14 & CCS14. In that order.

2/ Try the attachment to fix the auto start.

Attachments

• AutoFix.exe
    76.3 KB · Views: 40

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back