Simple mIRC script help

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I thought I would dip my toe into the murky waters of mIRC scripting so that if I leave myself signed in and a shed-load of saddos send me messages like "hi, ASL?" while I am away they can be discouraged...

I had partial success but feel need to improve & correct what I have. I also probably need to read up and practice more, but that will take time....

Here is the script I have at the moment:-

Code:
/ASL {
on 1:TEXT:*ASL:?:{
set -u2 %frosk %antiasl. [ $+ [ $address ] ]
if (%frosk != done) {
echo -s $nick has been ignored
msg $nick ASL MY ASS - feel free to try again in 5 minutes, but I have script to autoignore ASLers so talk next time!
ignore -pntiu300 $address
window -c $nick
set -u60 %antiasl. $+ $address done
}
}
on 1:TEXT:*sal:?:{
if (%frosk != done) {
msg $nick ASL MY ASS - feel free to try again in 5 minutes, but I have script to autoignore ASLers so talk next time!
window -c $nick
}
}
on 1:TEXT:*asl.?:?:{
if (%frosk != done) {
window -c $nick
}
}
}

I feel sure this code could be oh so improved (it only seems to work for one of the cases presently even, so it is bugged, and/or that there may be a tool to cover this area already out there.... "Peace and Protection" has been commended to me, but I have not gone so far as look into it further and thought I would post here first...

C'mon and dazzle me with your scripting brilliance any mIRC script munkehs out there!

I havn't touched mIRC scripting in a while but I'm sure that could be condenced a bunch. I made a similiar script back in the day, remind me and I'll grab it next time I fire up the XP box. ;)

X-Istence said:
Uhm, i never get those. What channels you ****ting on?
What network(s) you on X that you've never gotten one? I think most all the big ones have that type of stuff from time to time.

Oh and MFG, I have a script i put together but while looking @ it ealier my KVM died while on my XP box .. and Mac box is one w/ net connection. Anyhoo ended up doing a hard power off to Mac because was no waking up KVM. I switched cables so Mac is 1st now but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it again tonight. Also language in script might not be good for me to paste in forum, perhaps I can DCC it to you sometime. :)

If I ever catch you or you me in #OSNN on IRC then sure thing - but no great urgency on this one, I was just messing about and this would fall into the category of "useful fiddling" for me I guess....

I think there has gotta be an error in the script I posted too - because it's only sensitive to one of the cases, not all.

Anyone else does mIRC scripts?

MFG, you got 3 blocks of code that are the same thing. :p I would try removing 2 of the 3 to begin with. :p Also check out the "on" options. I believe a "*" instead of a "1" would catch more.

Xie said:
What network(s) you on X that you've never gotten one? I think most all the big ones have that type of stuff from time to time.

Efnet, Quakenet, GameSurge, Squeaknet.

X-Istence said:
Efnet, Quakenet, GameSurge, Squeaknet.
Intersting, and impressive on at least efnet and quakenet as they are large networks. I'm not sure about gamesurge size as I've never heard of it. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back