Simple homenetwork pffff

F

Franky

Hi

My network worked fine untill I formatted both of the pc's(girlfriends pc and mine ) and now after I installed a fresh now dutch version of tis great os (xp ;)) It won't work anymore they can't see each other ? The Link is present the icon show's there connected they both have the same workgroup "WORKGROUP''. I tried to manually configure. 1st one 192.168.0.1 the other one 192.168.0.2 the gateway and dns for the internet is 192.168.0.1 (subnet 255.255.255.0)
did not work the won't see each other ?? Then let windows chose the ip's nothing there 1st of I get 0.0.0.0 after a few seconds I get an valid Ip but again no able to connect. Then I looked to the fysical adress and here it is I think. Client has 00-C0-DF-0C-13-64 and the nic for the network on the server has FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
the nic for the cable internet has 00-40-95-30-9C-CF

Could this FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF be the problem and if yes wath can I do about it ?

Greetz Franky

(ps I already formatted the server again and no luck olso it work for a few moments after the first install and the gave up)

Rerun the Network Wizard on all PCs. That will usually solve a lot of ICS problems.

JJB6486

Tnx for the reply but I geuss I rerun the wizard about a 100 times :D and it solved nothing :( I toke out the nic with the fffff's and placed it in my pc an worked from there about 2 minutes later everething was working (even faster than before :D )

Franky

Hi, I was wondering if both or your computer both have the "ipx/spx/netbios" protocal installed?? This is usually what I have to install before I can share files with the computers on my network. The Xp utility should have installed this.. if not, then do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back