Simple backup (copy) tool needed

V

Vorpal

:) Man, I'm feeling lazy tonight.

I need a simple backup tool where I can select several files/folders and have them copied from their drives to a different drive. (w/ some kind of profile storage so I just launch something or click a button... Like two shortcuts, one to backup my list of files/folders and one to restore a backup).

I'm feeling lazy, but I guess I could write a little VB6 app or batch file to do this.... :) I use to be good at batch files, but I haven't touced them in years.

Anyone have/use anything for something like this?

'----------------------------
I'm just in the middle of testing a lot of software and using Ghost frequently to create/restore images. I have things set up so I need to back up very few files/folders:
OE Email
Address Book
My Documents
Favorites
And a couple of application settings files.
And a couple of other minor files
'--------------------------

It sounds like a batch file to me... The only thing I'd be missing for brain dead use is a way to import (not copy) messages back into OE. The address book can just be overwritten, but I'm not sure if just copying files back into the OE dir would work.

Thanks

Second Copy 2000 might be what yorur looking for. You can even have it backup all the files a zip file. Don't have a link, sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back