"SIM Card Registration Failure"???

Everhart

OSNN Junior Addict
Hey all. I have an LG Chocolate fone and Vodafone Pay Monthly contract. Suddenly when i started up my phone it comes up on the home screen ""SIM Card Registration Failure" and now I can't receive/make any calls or texts.

It is true I am about 2 weeks late of one of my payments, but surely they didn't lock my SIM card? I asked my friend who works in the phone business and he says they wouldnt lock because of a late payment that quickly so I am very confused.

I am in the middle of changing ownership of the contract to my girlfriend's sister and all i need to do is give her 'change of ownership' forms and then when she fills them out just send them away. However I need my SIM card to be working with the contract on it to give to her so I am great need of knowing what I should do...

Any help VERY much appreciated thank you

Why not just call up your carrier and ask them? That would be your best bet.

just for the obvious.. have you tried to shut down yoru phone and reseat (pull out and put back in) the SIM card/battery?

Last edited:
Turn the phone off, remove the SIM card and battery, replace and power back on.

isn't that what I just said? :)

isn't that what I just said? :)
Nope.

So, yeah, turn off your phone and make sure the SIM is in there correctly, then turn your phone back on.

*grrrr*

Do I have to reference the other thread where I ask if anyone even listens to me anymore??!?!? :) ;) :p

*grrrr*

Do I have to reference the other thread where I ask if anyone even listens to me anymore??!?!? :) ;) :p
Yes.

So, Everhart, did you try removing the SIM card and then re-inserting it? *puzzled*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back