Silent cooler for XP Chip ( at last !! )

I'm using a cooler master heatsink and fan. I don't have the model but it's a pretty basic one with 6000 rpm fan. It's not that easy to find coolers (decent) here in portugal. If i close my case the CPU will easily reach 70 degrees and crash windows.

These are the ones i can get my hands on (unless there's some trustable site i can order from):

- Dragon ORB 3
- Vulcano 6 Cu
- Vulcano 7
- Bunch of Cooler Master coolers
- Artic Silver cooling shiznit thermal paste :D

My case is huge, has 6 bays and very tall and lots of room for the air to circulate inside, so i find it weird for the CPU to heat so much. I checked the cooler and it's real well fitted, no problems there.

im looking for a quiet hsf to replace my volcano 7 for my amd xp 1900. i dont overclock so i need decent performance, but not the greatest. any suggestions?

Originally posted by NaMcO
I'm using a cooler master heatsink and fan. I don't have the model but it's a pretty basic one with 6000 rpm fan. It's not that easy to find coolers (decent) here in portugal. If i close my case the CPU will easily reach 70 degrees and crash windows.

These are the ones i can get my hands on (unless there's some trustable site i can order from):

- Dragon ORB 3
- Vulcano 6 Cu
- Vulcano 7
- Bunch of Cooler Master coolers
- Artic Silver cooling shiznit thermal paste :D

My case is huge, has 6 bays and very tall and lots of room for the air to circulate inside, so i find it weird for the CPU to heat so much. I checked the cooler and it's real well fitted, no problems there.

I was using a coolermaster AMD approved heatsink and fan and seeing idle temps of 54c and ful load was reaching 64c. Out of those 4 choices I would go with the Volcano 7. You can check out www.pricewatch.com and see if they have any vendors that ship to portugal.

Originally posted by AmarSingh
im looking for a quiet hsf to replace my volcano 7 for my amd xp 1900. i dont overclock so i need decent performance, but not the greatest. any suggestions?

Originally posted by shorty420
I just put theAlpha PAL8045T Bare Heatsink for 39.95 from Crazy PC. I would recommend this heatsink to anyone who is looking for an affordable replacement for the Swiftek. You can pick up a Panaflo 80mm fan for 12.50 from PC MODS. I have 4 of these in my case right now (2 intake, 1 exhaust, 1 HSF). My Athlon 1700+ runs at 37c idle and never even moves above that. I love my cooling setup and have no reserves about buying any of it.

i was wondering my intel P4 1.5 seem to be running hot but there no way i tell for sure is there any prog i can use to determine the actual heat at nol and fl

thanks

thanks shorty, but thats gonna work out to an awfully expensive venture (~75-80 dollars canadian) which is more than i want to spend

i have tried MBM 5 and the setting for temp, are prob not working because they stay at a constant 32F with full load so i don't know
is there another option setting or what

help me

k change setting yo Celcuis and its not working heres a look

Originally posted by AmarSingh
thanks shorty, but thats gonna work out to an awfully expensive venture (~75-80 dollars canadian) which is more than i want to spend

It was more than I wanted to spend too. But I just saved the money and bought it. If you stll don't wanna do that then I would get the Volcano 7.

Originally posted by shorty420

It was more than I wanted to spend too. But I just saved the money and bought it. If you stll don't wanna do that then I would get the Volcano 7.
hehe i already have the volcano 7. it always spins at high speed and is too loud for my liking. i guess i dont have many options

well if your current hsf is cooling fine and you just want to make it quieter you can try changing the fan to a quieter one. the fans that usually come with heatsinks are low quality and very noisy. when it comes to heatsinks you definitly get what you pay for. A cheaper heatsink such as the Volcano 7 will definitly be louder than say my setup. I have the panaflo fan which is super quiet.

THe Best heat dissapation method

I find that if I just give it a good lick and then blow on it occaisionally, it stays within operational parameters.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back