Signatures stealing forum focus

Blue Jack

OSNN Addict
It not *really* a site problem, but it is a petpeeve. Everytime I click on a thread to load it, a few seconds later I'm ripped away from what I am reading by a slow loading signature banner. Then I have to rescroll back up to the thread I'm reading. There has been times I needed to rescroll up four or five times before the whole page is loaded.

I don't have this problem with other forums I visit. I'm not really sure if there is a coded focus() somewhere for the banners or not, but its slightly angering. I know a lot of you guys and gals put a lot of work into your banners and avatars, and I appreciate that, but most of the time I just really want to read whats in the post, not check out the banners.

Just kind of sharing my thoughts. And if anyone knows how to possibly fix this on my end, I would worship you greatly for at least 10 minutes :)

You can go into your User Control Panel, under "Thread Display Options" uncheck the boxes to display avatar, signatures, and images.

That should do the trick.

You sure its not the forum jumping to the last post? I dont think images would make the forum jump around.

Thanks Kcnycheif, I disabled banners from there and its much better!

It will still do a jump back down once in awhile, but it nowhere near as bad now.

Blue Jack said:
Thanks Kcnycheif, I disabled banners from there and its much better!

It will still do a jump back down once in awhile, but it nowhere near as bad now.

No problem, now don't forget, you said you would worship me for at least 10 minutes :)

aaah yes. i dont really care to know how fast your computers all are.
reps for Blue and kcnychief

i dont have this problem on my home computer. But at work i do. 270mhz computer lol that is why. And slow internet connection.

aaah yes. i dont really care to know how fast your computers all are.
reps for Blue and kcnychief

but.. we have to brag most of us are IT in some way or another.. and we have to show who has the bigger computer.. hehe

I havbe the same problem and while its annoying in its own right i enjoy the sigs. Adds personality to the people. (loooks at my new shark sig) i host from tinypic seems to be fine speed but if someone has a better one to help my one post box then id be glad to change the host. hehe

It jumps for me as well as the page changes height from the images filling after loading. I like the images so have to deal with it, but if you don't simply disallow them to show viw your CP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back