Sidewinder Doesnt want to work

L

Lisa

I bought myself a Sidewinder Plug and Play gamepad today.
I plugged it into the usb port on my computer.... and
nothing happened.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it into another port,
and nothing happened.

I opened the device manager to check the usb controllers.
I see an Intel 82801BA/BAM Universal Host Controller -
2442 and an Intel 82801BA/BAM Universal Host Controller -
2444 and two Universal Root Hubs. All are apparently
working properly.

I tried going to install the device myself - through the
game controllers in the control pannel. However, when I
select Microsoft Sidewinder, it tells me I've got a
Sidewinder 3d pad pro that isn't connected. I don't.

Running XP Home on a P4 2 Gig with plenty of hard drive
space and 64 MB memory.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I could be doing
wrong?

Much appreciated.

Lisa, I doubt there's anything you are doing wrong.. USB is plug n play, so all you need to do is plug it in and Windows should detect it.. there are two possibilities here:

1. the gamepad is defective and needs to be replaced

2. your USB drivers are not working properly

Do you have any other USB devices? If yes and they are working properly then the gamepad must be the problem.. I would take it back and get it replaced..

Thanks Robbie. That was it. A faulty controller. I bought a new one and plugged it in and it did its thing straight away.

I felt like such a stereotypical female, unable to make a plug and play joypad work. When the bloody thing was broken to begin with. Humpf.

ack, don't feel that way.. there's lot of guys n gals who are just learning about puters and all the little details.. the important thing is you learned something new and got a controller that works.. happy gaming!!

lol... if bought a joystick and it wouldn't plug-n-play for me, i'd find myself reformatting and trying all sorts of measures before coming to the realization that maybe the damn thing was faulty. }:p

lol, yeah that's a bit extreme.. I ususally end up doing things teh hard way.. so many of us do.. a while ago I decided to upgrade my video card from a Geforce2 MX400 to a Radeon 8500.. I got a Powercolor Radeon 8500 'powered by ATI' thinking I'd save me a few bucks.. when I installed the card my machine would boot but I got no video.. tried playing with BIOS, no go.. installed old card, worked fine.. reinstalled new card, same thing.. luckily the old card did work so I knew it wasn't my system.. I took the card to the office and tried in another machine and same thing so I knew teh card was fooked.. got a replacemtn, same thing.. said to myself 'fook it' and spent the extra on a true ATI Radeon 8500 and haven't looked back...

lisa you are cute...may I ask you why is it stereotypical to not know something computer related??is ignorance a "girl thing"??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back