Sick of Winamp!

S

seeme

Not quite true, but an attention grabbing headline wouldnt you say?
HA!
Winamp is the easily the best, the cleanest and easiest to use mp3 player i've found, im not a fan of sonique and media player is only slightly better (than sonique)

the only thing that pisses me off with winamp is the random function. i have about 3000 songs in my playlist, so why o why does it ALWAYS seem to play the same songs in a similar 'randomness'? I have fiddled with the 'shuffle' options and that doesnt seem to make any major difference.

question one: is there another mp3 player out there, that is as good as winamp, but solves the randomness problem?

question two: is there a way to fix this problem in winamp?

thanx
J

I don't know of any other MP3 players that use as least resources as Winamp. One question- If you're tired of hearing the same order, why don't you just remove those songs???

well no offense but im sick of it.. it was great for a while... but it went wack oin me so =p screw it lol im usind media player can you say ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! lol

I used to have that problem. Don't use shuffle, it doesn't quite know how to shuffle a lot of songs. Instead Randomize List (misc, sort, randomize). When the list is randomized it can't play a song until it gets back around to it. Yeah, this makes it hard to find songs alphabetically - definitely not perfect. But its better than shuffle.

I'll try Winamp 3.

My problem is not that i dont LIKE the songs that it plays, but i want it to be actually intelligently RANDOM in its selection of the music, as in realise that --- yes, its just played YMCA by the village people* 60 million times already that day, and grease mega mix* a similar number of times :) so it should try playing the Paul van Dyke or similar DJ instead for a change!

*Please note that music titles used as examples in this thread in no way correspond to any music library used, listened to or owned by seeme.
:D
J

I like winamp and its cool but I don't use it anymore. I got me self a Creative DAP Jukebox 20GB (NOMAD for the Americans here). I use that now but Winamp3 problery is the best to try.

Also does anyone know where to get a decent PlugIn that lets Winamp read the Jukebox? The version creative supplied with my Jukebox didn't work as I was looking for the Nomad.

Winamp3 is great! - Real Jukebox (not real one player) is good but its full of spyware or so i've been told

i havent use winamp 3 so i cant really say, but i heard its bloatware. is it true?

Yep, Winamp 3 is a good choice... Unfortunatly, the available beta version is very unstable and crash often when tweaking in the playlists or in the other options...

Swi

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back