Shutting Down Computer

F

Fhuising

I used to run Windows 98 and whenever I turned off my computer it would just go off by itself, now in Windows XP it gives me a screen which says "It's now safe to turn of your computer" and I have to shut it down manually. Can anyone help?

Fhuising

Hi,
Go to control panel.....system....hardware....device manager....
view.....click hidden devices........

You will see ATM with red x........enable.........

Your computer will now close down.

:cool:

goto control panel....power options...Apm...enable advanced power management... ok restart & shut down

neither of these two suggestions worked for me,, im having the same problem.. any other ideas?

I'll try the solutions, maybe I should check the bios settings that my work, otherwise I have no idea..........

Fhuising

it is to do with your power supply... stupid as it seems. I had the same problem and upgraded my case and supply... it all works fine now.

But why didn't it give problems with Windows ME, and it does give problems with Windows XP. What you are saying about upgrading your powersupply is about the last thing I would do, cuz I hardly use that pc anymore. On my new pc it doesn't give the problem.............if anyone has any software solutions please post them!

Thanx
Fhuising

Also try "desktop properties - screensaver - power - advanced."

select shutdown my puter, crazy as it seems that worked for my dads system which had your problem

K

I am having the same problem. I have enabled APM in the BIOS but I don't even see the chekcbox Option in the power management section to enable APM. Is there something missing here. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back