• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

shutdown shortcut

T

theauditors

I recently tried out one of the shutdown shortcuts spoken about on various parts of this website...

the whole %system32%\windows\shutdown.exe -s or whatever (I can't remember the specifics

anyway, when I use it, instead of totally turning off my computer like Start->Turn off-> Shutdown does, it goes to the "it is now safe to turn off your computer" screen

how do I get it not to?

2z

OSNN Gamer
sorry catch I'm still not with you
can you be a bit more specific
like a total idiots walkthrough guide
pretty please with cherrys on top
dont know if it makes any difference but I'm looking at the control panel using classic view.
(cant see the wood for trees)
Help me catch your my only hope
;-)

2z

OSNN Gamer
don't think my bios has that option - I've got a really cheap mobo with only the very basic options - which hasn't been messed with since I bought it.
Ah well no great loss
prefer to hit power button
;-)

T

theauditors

I may not have made this clear before, but when I click Start -> Turn off -> Shut down, the computer actually shuts down by itself. And I'm wondering why this doens't happen with the shortcut...surely acpi is enabled if it normally turns off completely from the start menu

A

allan

Hipster is correct (as usual) . If you use the shortcut you will have to power down manually. Someone posted an alternate shortcut a while back that purported to go all the way to power down, but I don't know anyone who got it to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar