Shutdown remotely

At a cmd prompt type "shutdown /?" (without the quotes) and you will get a list of options.

wow that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet is there a way to make it script something through active directory to do it at a certian time :D

You could just make a batch file with the shutdown command in it and use windows scheduler to do it

a batch file was what i was going to suggest, dont ask for any more detail tho :p

i am going to write a batch file tonight i guess while getting paid OT to fix this damn virus. can't be gone for a day and 43computers have it infected on their system
*sigh* when will people learn

never is the short answer ther mooo....

I can even illustrate because I has need of this (too tired for the stairs!) But it was innefective - see attached screenshot - I know names are OK, so what am I doing wrong? Surely the RUN box makes on odds? I wait with bated breat to be remotely shutting down!

Attachments

• noshut.jpg
    noshut.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 100
That doesn't make much sense to me

You need a -s or -r or -a before the -m

hmmm, what do you make of this then? i've always wanted to take advantage of this...

but can't do it! :(

Attachments

• shutdown.PNG
    shutdown.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 94
I wrote a proggie few months ago that can do this....
http://shutdowntool.no-ip.org/ <- NEVER tested on a workgroup

shut down up to 10 client pc on a domain. Read the readme. I think for a workgroup you 'll need to set the "allow this computer to be shutdown from the network" in the local security policy to "everyone"

Greetz,

Lukas

Lukas said:
I wrote a proggie few months ago that can do this....
http://shutdowntool.no-ip.org/ <- NEVER tested on a workgroup

shut down up to 10 client pc on a domain. Read the readme. I think for a workgroup you 'll need to set the "allow this computer to be shutdown from the network" in the local security policy to "everyone"

Greetz,

Lukas
do you happen to know the exact location of that policy? i can't find it. running xp pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back