Shutdown remotely

mooo

thecyberninja
wow that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet is there a way to make it script something through active directory to do it at a certian time :D

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
You could just make a batch file with the shutdown command in it and use windows scheduler to do it

mooo

thecyberninja
i am going to write a batch file tonight i guess while getting paid OT to fix this damn virus. can't be gone for a day and 43computers have it infected on their system
*sigh* when will people learn

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
never is the short answer ther mooo....

I can even illustrate because I has need of this (too tired for the stairs!) But it was innefective - see attached screenshot - I know names are OK, so what am I doing wrong? Surely the RUN box makes on odds? I wait with bated breat to be remotely shutting down!

Attachments

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
That doesn't make much sense to me

You need a -s or -r or -a before the -m

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
I wrote a proggie few months ago that can do this....
http://shutdowntool.no-ip.org/ <- NEVER tested on a workgroup

shut down up to 10 client pc on a domain. Read the readme. I think for a workgroup you 'll need to set the "allow this computer to be shutdown from the network" in the local security policy to "everyone"

Greetz,

Lukas

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
Lukas said:
I wrote a proggie few months ago that can do this....
http://shutdowntool.no-ip.org/ <- NEVER tested on a workgroup

shut down up to 10 client pc on a domain. Read the readme. I think for a workgroup you 'll need to set the "allow this computer to be shutdown from the network" in the local security policy to "everyone"

Greetz,

Lukas
do you happen to know the exact location of that policy? i can't find it. running xp pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syoneown