shutdown = reboot?

microair

OSNN Junior Addict
I am fed up with XP :(

new errors come up every few ays ... now whenever i shutdown ... it just reboots back ...

is it a known problem ?

please help ...

See if you can find anything over here. There are a lot of things that can cause this so if you don't find anything post back here.

i did that but now says this when i shutdown

"Windows is shutting down due to an error which might give problem to your comp .........

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It might be of some new hardware ..............."

I recently installed my lan card but it is working fine ...
what should i do ?

This is one of those search & destroy problems. Possibly a bad driver. Go to the device manager & disable the lan card (if it is there) or uninstall it. Then see if the problem goes away. If so the card is your problem. If not let us know.

hi

did that removed the card ... then installed it again with updated drivers from the net ... still no luck ... :(

i am stuck ....

Give this a read and see if there is anything there that can help you.

Is there is any more infromation on the Blue screen that can help us to isolate the problem?

:D

well the

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

is the main thing all expect that was usual stuff ...

Did you leave the card out to see if the problem went away or loaded it straight back up with the new driver?

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Did you leave the card out to see if the problem went away or loaded it straight back up with the new driver?

i tried booting without it ... nothing changed
then i reinstalled it with new drivers ... still nothing

:(

xp shutdown

sorry if I read you wrong,have you checked that the default isn't set to Automatically restart after error?Right click My Computer,and click properties.On the advanced tab ,under start-up and recovery click settings. The under system failureclick to clear 'automatically restart' checkbox and then hit ok.When you sutdown the blue screen shouls stay displayed long enough to record the error info.

heres what I would do.

First check all the bios settings and make sure none of the 'wake-on *event*' settings are enabled...

Then I would verify that I have the latest bios upgrade

Then if the problem still persists, I would systematically remove everthing but the video card and proceed to add each device until I determined the perpetrator.

gl

Try this:

Click space on desktop.
Create new shortcut.
In box type in: SHUTDOWN.exe -s -t 01
Then finish.

Then double click it to shut down.

It will also show naughty programs that need to be forced to shut down by this method.

I use it as a quick shortcut to shut down.

I stick it on quick launch change it's icon to shell icons for shut down.

Hope you sort it out, we all want smooth sexy legs, oopps working systems.

be sexy Leevoy:)))))

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back