shutdown problem !!!!!

Z

ZAnwar

when I shutdown or even restart from XP, in the shutting down stage where it says Windows shutting down ...., it takes about 40 seconds on that screen and then it shutsdown or restarts !

Why does this always hapen !!!!!?????

if you are using a cable/dsl modem I remember reading somewhere that the modem is not releasing so it just sits there same thing with starting up takes forever

this iwll also happen if you have your pagefile set to clear on shutdown,

you can always edit the registry to change the time windows waits at shutdown for tasks to end

just goto Hkey_local_machine/system/controlset001/control

and change the waittokillservicetimeout to a number like 3000-4000

Ah ha...This has happened to me for about nine months. I finally realized that it was Easy Cd Creator that was causing the problem, and for the first time in months, my comp shut down by itself last night.

can someone clear up the easy cd thing...Ive heard that a couple of places what could it do to make the shutdown not complete...would it be if you have direct cd in the tsrs....Ive been using it ever since the driver for xp came out without a single error...blue screen or lock up what gives:confused:

You need to flash your BIOS, I have the same problem, its with the NTkernel (2000/XP) , it just shutsdown and boots, disable 'Advanced Power Management' and it will shutdown and say "it is safe to turn your computer off"

:D

We need a new computer maties !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back