Shutdown Problem

C

crackahjack

I recently purchased WinXP, about two weeks after installing it I started having this problem where when I shutdown my computer it makes the sound that it shut off but it still stays at the windows is shutting down screen? Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening?

What do you mean by it makes the sound that it is shut down? also have you made sure you have power management and ACPI enabled?

shutdown

my computer makes a click noise when it shuts off, yeah i checked out that thing and there was nothing there

what do you mean by there was nothing there?, when you goto the power options in your control panel do you have power management turned on? and do you also have power management turned on in your bios?

Technically that click noise isn't the computer truly shutting down if there is still the image displayed on the screen because something has to be feeding it to the vid board to display..and is it the safe to turn off computer or the shutting down image?

Have you tried going in device manager.
Click VIEW,
Show hidden devices,
You will then see, NT Apm/legacy support.
open it, then right click to choose, enable it.

cool

ill try that powermanagement thing when i get home that would be awesome if it works

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back