Shutdown Help

M

Mr Dead

I am having probs with my desktop shutdown shortcut it just causes the computer to shutdown to the "now safe to turn off computer screen". If I go to start, turnoff computer then shutdown it shuts down completely. The shortcut was working before I formatted then reinstalled windows. Any ideas?

the shortcut I am using is -

%windir%\System32\tsshutdn.exe 0 /delay 0

Any other variation I could use?

Right - if you use that shortcut to shut down you have to power down manually. See if this one works any better (someone else posted it here a few weeks back and it seems to work for some people):
%windir%\System32\tsshutdn.exe 0 /delay 0

try to do this first
Originally posted by DRX.............

1. Goto /Start/Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/System.

2. Select the Hardware tab and then select Device Manager.

3. Under the 'View' menu select Show Hidden Devices. Double click NT/Apm/Legacy Interface
Node and enable device. De-select show hidden devices again and re-boot.

Now your PC will shutdown automatically just like good old Windows 98.

Hope this helps...................

then use your shortcut and see if it works....should used to be my prob.

Am I going crazy or is that the same shortcut as I am using above?

Ive tried that device manager suggestion and I cant see the nt/legacy option even if I select view hiden!!!

im not at my pc im at work using win2k so bear with me....i belive it is under the network adapters then nt\legacy look there

and this is from another thread thanks to
Dealer

here's what your looking for

restart;%windir%\System32\shut
down.exe -r -t 0

shutdown;%windir%\System32\shu
tdown.exe -s -t 0

device manager on desktop shortcut;%windir%\system32\mmc
.exe c:\windows\system32\devmgmt.msc

system restore on desktop shortcut; %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\
rstrui.exe

windows update on desktop shortcut;%SystemRoot%\system32
\wupdmgr.exe

You're right - I posted the same shortcut:( sorry.

The NT/APM legacy fix should be done, but it may not solve this problem. Some people can get a power down with this shortcut and some can't. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Again - sorry for the above error.

Still not having any luck. All was well before I had to format and reinstall now my shutdown shortcut will only take me to the "now safe to turn off computer" screen even though the shortcut is exactly the same cause I just copied it over to another partition while formatting. Ive checked for the Nt/Legacy option in device manager but cant see it even if enable show hiden devices. However if I shut down the pc the normal way all is ok, shuts down completely.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back