Show your support!!

Taking public transit or walking isn't exactly feasible for everyone in the states. The US population isn't exactly all centered around a small piece of land, but is spread out. Some people, driving 20-30 miles can be "going into town" or the like...

I live in Albuq (and the public transportation system here sucks, though some areas have none) so it's not as much an issue being a city. But the state average for distance between houses was like 3/4 of a mile accross the state, when I heard last in 2000 or so...

We also don't have the sorta transportation system that exists in Japan or elsewhere, which is feasable to use. In any case, the most I would consider, the system being what it is would be to drive to the park and right they're talking about building at the "uptown transportation system" and riding the new "Rapid Ride" to class. Even there I'd have to walk between colleges though. As to the rest of the bus system around here, had it when my alternator died, and they can keep it.

Another statistic says that gas prices would have to hit $3.45 per gallon before people would consider changing anything (last I saw) and that people would consider drilling for oil off the coast of Alaska (despite possible environmental impact) before they'd drive less. But again, outside the big cities it isn't feasible for everyone. My parents live in the country now... One should also not forget oil consumption by China either, however...if some people's mention is in fact correct...

What we really need is alternative sources of fuel, rather then people electing to be less mobile. Unfortunately, even if a technology could come out which could decrease our dependence on fossil fuels, not exactly sure the energy companies would like it/wouldn't want to try to block it some, so they could continue making money on oil sales.

Alternative fuel sources, is something that could benefit the world around. Israel might have some ideas (I heard they're working on some things), as they as a nation don't exactly want to be dependent on oil from the mid-East (given relations between Israel and these other countries).

If mayor Chavez (mayor of Albuquerque) would also take the initiative to improve the system around here (and in other cities in this country where it's more feasable then in the country side) to be on par with what some have reported they get in Europe, Japan, and other areas of the world, it might be more enticing to use as well...

Hydrogen is too expensive.
with technologies today, hydrogen is 4x the cost of gasoline.

Id say as long as cars arent designed to run off water and/or solar energy, energy companies will still see healthy profits.

Hybrid cars are the beginning of whats to come. so it is promising in that sense. huge investments are being made, so lets hope for the best.

on a funnier / S.O.B note...OPEC has demanded to be compensated should the world ever abandon reliance on Fossil Fuels

OK, Now I believe we are just getting stupid, anybody who wants to make a statement with this (and all those Hummer owners out there, too,) the best statement you can make is to ride a bike. That being said, you know there are going to be idiots out there, who are going to lay down ample amounts of money to drive an urban assault truck. Why does the movie "Stripes" keep floating through my mind? Ahh disposable income, you'd think these people would donate to kill speckled striped emu, because it lives on oil reserves...Stupid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back