show desktop from taskbar

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
some how last night i dragged the show desktop button off my taskbar and now i can't get it back. is there any way to restore this very useful button to my taskbar?

thanks

thank you and sorry for not trying google. i honestly thought it would be hard to find.

mgiht not have to recreate it if it's still in the folder

create a shortcut with this...

create a shortcut with this target;

right click the desktop, hit new, hit shortcut
paste this into the target;

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf"

with the qoutes

drag that shortcut to the quick launch bar

also, once you start using windows key+d you'll never use the shortcut again...try that, you'll love it

Last edited:
hey!...new tweak!!!

after you create the desktop shortcut with the target I just gave you, right click while the shortcut is on your desktop

put your cursor in the "shortcut" key and hit "f8" if you don't use that f key for anything else

hit apply, hen all you have to do is hit f8 and you have your desktop!

I just tried that with f7...pretty cool, I turned a two key shortcut into a one key shortcut, I wonder if it's worth it

Last edited:
win key + D does the same thing and press it again and it all comes back ... thats in response to the new tweak post !

D

Hi guys, I having some problem with my desktop.... I cant displayed my themes and background pics... i have done all the necessary stuff like reset my themes and background pics, refresh my screen and etc... below is the attachment of a pic how my desktop now look like.. jus dunno why the window wont minimize or close. i tried restart my computer and relog in and it still show me the same thing at my desktop... any clues? Need reply ASAP thx...

Attachments

• mydesktopproblem.JPG
    mydesktopproblem.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 202

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back