Should work fine.....

P

Phantom_24

XP is able to read/write in both NTFS/Fat32 quite nicely ! The one benefit though with NTFS is that it's a MUCH MORE stable system for files !! I've lost power once or twice during storms and this baby is still ticking away without data loss !! So if you gonna have other partitions other than C: drive....say D and E, you should be fine with Win 9x seeing them just fine, but if you have XP as NTFS....Win 9x won't see it at all.

Good luck !

You also may want to look into Partition Magic 7....one of the best partition managers out there for adjusting both NTFS and Fat32 partitions. Though XP does have a nicer disk manager than 9x....no where near as nice as PM 7.

Hi there... If you want to dual boot with Win98 you first should be aware that only WinXP can read the NTFS partition, but this can be an advantage too. NTFS is faster on huge drives 20+ GB and also file corruption appears a lot less than on FAT32 drives which are actually the slowest.

If you want to use Boot Magic as boot manager make sure that your first partition on your boot hdd (it must be set active) is not the NTFS partition or boot magic will not work. But I anyway suggest that you use the WinXP boot manager just install Win98 on one partition and then WinXP into antoher one and the boot manager of XP will show both systems.

Chrissi

Proletariat here. I messed up my profile :rolleyes: & now I can't use it. Darn.
Anyway thanks for the replies. I now have got a clearer picture of where I want to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back