• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Should I Wait?

Dobes

OSNN One Post Wonder
I currently have a GeForce 2 MX400 graphics card and was thinking of upgrading as new games such as Splinter Cell 2 do not support my card. I was thinking of buying the Radeon 9600XT which you can buy for around £110. Should I buy the card now or how long should I wait to see if any of the higher spec cards eg Radeon 9800 Pro fall in price with Nvidia and ATI releasing their brand new cards. Should I even buy a Radeon 9600 or is there anything out there that is better for the £90 - £120 mark?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
No doubt the 9600 is a good card.

I predict that the price of nvidia cards will drop drastically on April 13th thru to the end of may.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
wait till may.. there are various new cards coming out incl pci-express versions of the mainstream cards... :)

then when you upgrade you might have enough to upgrade the mobo as well...

Dobes

OSNN One Post Wonder
thanks, I think I will maybe wait another couple of months to see if any of the higher spec cards come down in price. Any recommendations and should I stick with the Radein cards?

ming

OSNN Advanced
I doubt prices will tumble once PCI-X cards become available. Probably need to wait at least 6months before you see any major price drops on VGA cards.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
dobes you'll be able to see for yourself when the new batch of cards come out wrt just how fast they really are...

the current crop of graphics cards are well good however and you deserve consideration... for dx8... the nvidia lineup is pretty good... for dx9 the ati lineup is pretty decent...

pinkgunman

OSNN Junior Addict
I prefer the ati cards over the nvidia but with both coming out with new chip sents for there new cards my new pci-express card I'm going to buy this summer just might be from nvidia

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Damn teddy your good at that I was just about to recommend that same card scolled down the page and there is your post :) surely an amazing deal :)

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Bummer your right TittleBitties, this is because it was a "this week only" deal and its well :rolleyes: the next week. Still was a good deal :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix