should i get this dvd burner.

i have a 16x lite on writer.. what is this cross flash stuff? I know quite a bit about hardware as ive stated before, but nothing really about the software.

These guys are correct about the oem versions though ..i wouldnt recommend oem stuff cause usually the warranty is less (cant take the **** back to the store or you gotta send it directy back to the manufacturer) plus you dont get what sometimes is really good software.

I think in the $60-100 price range i would lean toward the more expensive drives. Even that newer HP writer with lightscribe is pretty cool although i dont know much about it. I think being able to actually burn labels on the front of a cd/dvd is a rather catchy concept.

hp is the worst computer company i have ever seen

So I just bought a LG gsa-4163b flashed and the firmware to a103. The upgraded to this drive from the single layer model of the Super Multi Burner. When I was using the single layer drive Everything I ever burned would play on my stand alone dvd player. I have burnt around 20 different discs so far and I have not been able to get any of them to play on my stand alone player. They all play fine in media player and power dvd but not in my stand alone player. I have tried different book types, different programs, different files, nothing works. My next step is to try different media, but i figured that if the dvd player would play files burned to media out of this same package when I used the single layer burner then why would it not play the stuff burned with this drive.

If anybody has any other ideas I'd be be happy to hear them, other then that I'll post with my results tonight after trying a couple different media's etc. I know that the way things are now I'll think twice before buying another LG burner

TIA
James

because they have different methods of burning dvd media, thats why if the same media has different results, head on over to rpc1.org and try to find firmware from those peeps as they are ususally better than the manufacturers in my opinion

themafia.69 said:
because they have different methods of burning dvd media, thats why if the same media has different results, head on over to rpc1.org and try to find firmware from those peeps as they are ususally better than the manufacturers in my opinion

Yeah I suppose that makes sense, I guess that I just figured since they were both LG.... yeah I know that was stupid. I've also been really lucky as of all the DVD's I have created I have never once ran into a problem playing them on my dvd player.

One of the things that really through me off was a project I did for my boss at work, I made him a dvd from some home video of his, burned it, tried to play it on my player and it wouldn't work. So I went back and re-burned it but set the book type to "physical media type" in this case DVD+R. I took that one and tried it in my dvd player, voila it worked no problem. Now my boss brought back the dvd and said he couldn't get it to play, or to copy on his computer (using roxio :dead: ) so I tried alcohol and nero on my laptop and no go. I finally managed to make a copy using dvd decrypter and burned it onto some memorex media, since then no problems.

Anyways the media I'm using is some no name brand that can be snapped in one hand and bends like the old 5 1/2 floppies. So I will try better media later and see how it goes.

Mafia, I checked out that link, but all I could find for my drive was some beta firmware. I'm a little iffy on using beta firmware though, don't want to take the chance on screwing up my drive. Thanks though, I'll keep my eye on there incase anything happens to pop up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back