Should I get 2 Dell E207WFP's?

Man this just seems like a really good deal they are listing for 502 before shipping and tax for both... Seems like a really good deal to replace my 21 and 19 crts.... any recommendations.. or Coupons to make it even better?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/11/dell-busts-out-e207wfp-20-inch-lcd-for-the-budget-set/

Man they have free shipping and the total with tax is 543... I need some input on these lol because seems to be too good to be true. hehe .

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother. Spend the extra loot on the 2007wfp, so much nicer. The difference is probably 100-150 a monitor, pending on where you can find it - maybe cheaper if you get coupons, but so worth every penny

They have also been slated for being great for gaming :D

Also, not sure the model you want has HDCP support, tsk tsk

the E series isn't that great for gaming.

Why? it as a 5ms response time.

I wouldn't bother. Spend the extra loot on the 2007wfp, so much nicer. The difference is probably 100-150 a monitor, pending on where you can find it - maybe cheaper if you get coupons, but so worth every penny

They have also been slated for being great for gaming :D

Also, not sure the model you want has HDCP support, tsk tsk

why the hell would i want HDCP?

I have one of these panels, I bought it when it first hit the market a few months back. I have been extremely happy with it, its very sharp and the color vibrancy is quite nice. I game with it a lot too and there is absolutely no ghosting at all. The 1680x1050 rez is perfect for the size, my only issue with the panel is that there is a tad amount of noticeable light bleeding around the edges when dark content is being displayed. In hindsight would I have purchased the 2007wfp? well... I'm not sure. the 2007wfp has a better quality panel in it, but it also has the video inputs and I think a USB hub. Both of which I would not use.

For the price its at, I think it you would be pleastly surprised at the quality of the panel for the price, And they are great for gaming. The color accuracy is decent, only moderate color banding (most black and other dark colors). If you are looking for a good panel for work and play though, you might want to spend a bit more on a more precise panel. The only reason I settle is because I still have my professional 22" CRT for when I need high color accuracy.

Thanks for the input.

Im now debating buying one of these for my secondary monitor and using 2007 for my primary.

I think that might be a good plan, however the 2007 isnt leaps and bounds better than the E series. If you are going to do a combo, I would do a E series screen and perhaps a samsung or something. Most of the dell screens use TN panels. TN panels are inferior to PVA panels, PVA is better for movies and graphic work. Samsung makes alot of the panels for dell but usually their own braned stuff uses the PVA panels. Bleh, my point being that if you are going to do a miss match look for a PVA panel for your primary screen. They are usually more expensive though, dell's higher model screens usually launch with PVA panels, but as the months go by they slowly start to swap them out with TN panels.

Forgive me if that made no sense... its been a long day and I tend to ramble. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back