Should I buy for my Car?

Try listening to them at a local store before buying.. I see a lot of bandpass speakers that look good on the outside but are made cheaply. I bought my box and speakers at separate times and it cost me less that $120 canadian funds..

Bandpass boxes in general suck. That description is full of things that aren't true. For instance, it says it has a frequency response of 25-200Hz. That goes against the theory of bandpass. Bandpass means that the box is "tuned" to a specific frequency, often 75Hz. Then it says it can handle 1100/600 watts. I'd love to see that box hand that much power over the whole 25-200 spectrum it claims to reproduce. Wanna see that foam surround all over the bottom of the box? Also it's rated at 89dB sensitivity. This is horrible for a bandpass box. The theory behind bandpass is that since you are using a box "tuned" for a frequency, you can get an extraordinary increase in sensitivity from an ordinary subwoofer.

Unless you just want to be able to hear your trunk rattle and say to all your friends that you have two 1100 watt subs, I'd save up and buy a nice small box with a 10" JL Audio or Boston Acoustics sub. Or maybe Eclipse.

I agree. Specs are one thing but the sound is another. In my 'lade, I have 4 Xtant X1044 10" subs in a custom Magnaform case (that way you do not notice that they are in my 'lade). Each one handles 500W of power coming from 2 X 1000W Xtant Amps. All I hear is pure, crisp, clean sound and not all of that rattle that you get with some other systems. I say, shop around and definately go and listen to them first.

Does it come with headphones?

Or will you be handing them out to people you violate?

Stick to fluffy dice and the green visor saying Lisa and John.

What are you talking about Lee? I think they look good.. but I don't really have anything to judge them on... like they said... go to the store, ask if you can hear them working.

The thread is about buying some loud speakers for a car. Which i can only guess will make a nasty loud sound when the car owner is driving down the streets.

It's irritating listening to loud music (so called) bellowing out of vehicles when they pass you.

That's why I asked if the driver will be using headphones.When you numpties drive past people in the street with that loud annoying sound coming out violating our eardrums we don't respect you we think what a complete and utter *rsehole.

headphones are illegal here.... you cant hear police/fire/ambulance....

That's a mean thing to say about people. Just because people have subs in their cars do not mean that the only purpose for them is for loud music. Sure, I may crank it up in my 'lade when I'm at a block party or a car wash, but when I'm normally driving, you would never know I even had subs, not to mention BOSE speakers and JL Audio mid-ranges. For me, the reason I have them is because of the quality. Good quality sound leads to a smooth comfortable ride.

ok how bout me saving up about 500 dollars and getting 2 6 1/2 sony 160 watt xplodes, 2 6x9 sony xplodes and 2 1100 watt sony xploded subs and a ban pass box? I already have a jensen 720 watt amp

how bout there are much better ways to spend $500 for good car audio.

First of all stay away from Sony speakers. The amps are okay, not great though.

I imagine the 6.5's are for the front. Go with a decent pair of components. Then you can probably save what you were gonna spend to replace the 6x9's because now they will only be for a little bit of rear fill/soundstaging. Stay away from the bandpass boxes. They are not in the least bit musical, unless, of course, all you want is to "thump" down the street. Get a good 10" in a well made box. Maybe even make it yourself if you are handy with some woodworking tools. You can do alot with MDF. As far as amps, it's up to you, but beware of high power ratings. These probably aren't "weighted" and only serve to pump up the specs on inferior equipment.

Google "vifa" and you should find some decent speaker and prices.

What he said... lol... just get what you would like to get....

Hey Lee, you got abug in yer butt or what. You've been on a "everything is irritating me" crusade. What's up???

AudioSlayer, Don't get those subs. They are a waste. Go to a few Car Audio shops in yer area and see what they have. Also ask them what would work with yer car. The Speaker set-up depends on the type of car. Lots of people go out and buy generic or even name brand sub-box setups but they don't always work right with the person's car. 90% of all car audio systems have to be set to the acoustics of the car or ya get uuuuugly sound. That rattle ya get is basically the Subs being toooo big for the car. Every bracket and/or metal joint vibrates and soooo ya get a nasty rattle. Shops have to use a type of blow foam that is injected into these trouble spots to elliminate the rattles. Then ya can get BIG subs and make yer car bounce around and dance. :D

Also watch out for those speaker set-ups in rooms. They are acoustically set-up in these rooms to sound great. Don't take this as a selling point to buy speakers. Even though just about all shops have these rooms.

gonaads said:
Hey Lee, you got abug in yer butt or what. You've been on a "everything is irritating me" crusade. What's up???
Not a bug a pain in the *rse. Must be my T.O.T.M.

Stand-on-me, I feel I have a stalker.

You know how it is nads, it starts off a lickle itch, then it become really scratchy, keeps making you scratch scratch scratch, till you wanna rip it off and make it go away.

Bite me, throw hot oil at me, knock me down with a feather, sheeeeet I have been a bad boy.

well boys i herd them at bestbuy and they dont sound bad at all. My car trunk does rattle but i am gonna put it my back seat.

gonaads said:
Also watch out for those speaker set-ups in rooms. They are acoustically set-up in these rooms to sound great. Don't take this as a selling point to buy speakers. Even though just about all shops have these rooms.

Thought it needed repeating.

yes, be careful of the accoustics... some are meant for cars, some arent... but are sold for cars

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back