Should I be concerned about sites my soon-to-be-ex is accessing?

get boot and nuke - set it to 7 passes - cleaner than a babies bottom then :)

Needless to say, the computer issue is solved by moving across country, but I'm still hanging on to the screen captures in case he gets obnoxious with the finalization of the divorce (by the way, my attorney told me that since I'm not publishing the screen captures or using them for private/commercial gain, there is no problem with keeping them as evidence if needed).

Very good advice. I'd highly recommend that you backup these screen captures and whatnot somewhere off your system, however, so in the event something might go wrong with your computer that evidence isn't lost.

get boot and nuke - set it to 7 passes - cleaner than a babies bottom then :)

Being the lazy person that I can be at times I'd probably go out and buy a brand new HDD, reinstall the OS, and transfer over important files. Then I'd get around to wiping the old drive clean when I had time without being in a rush. Doing it this way would let me take my time sifting through everything without being rushed.

Good suggestion for HDD wiping software. :)

Happy belated birthday and I hope things continue to get better, Joyojoy.

Last edited:
Being the lazy person that I can be at times I'd probably go out and buy a brand new HDD, reinstall the OS, and transfer over important files. Then I'd get around to wiping the old drive clean when I had time without being in a rush. Doing it this way would let me take my time sifting through everything without being rushed.

What??? If you're lazy with all that you would have to do with a new HDD install OS and transfer of files and such then I wonder what it would be like if you weren't lazy. :p

What??? If you're lazy with all that you would have to do with a new HDD install OS and transfer of files and such then I wonder what it would be like if you weren't lazy. :p

Valid point. :p

I can install an OS in my sleep. It's annoying, yes, but I've done it so many times that I don't consider it a big deal. It just takes far too long for me to maintain interest so I walk away and do other stuff in the meantime. So, yeah, to me that is somewhat lazy.

As far as the lazy aspect, by doing the fresh install I am definitely making sure the system is clean of anything bad and then I can slowly and at my own pace sift through the files I may want to transfer over while carefully checking everything else on the old HDD. In that respect is where it will take me a lot longer once I get beyond the obvious necessities like required software installs and relevant data including email, etc.

I still have an old IDE drive from my previous XP system that I haven't fully transferred over to my new Vista system with SATA drives. It's been about 4 months. I just haven't been in the mood. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back