Should I APPLY this?

C

contender

Hot on the heels of Q815227 - Performance Degradation Occurs in the UnmapViewOfFile Function W2S now brings you the Windows XP Kernel Rollup Hotfix Package which is a complete Windows XP kernel update. As a reminder the original Q815227 hotfix updated the kernel files to build 5.1.2600.1178 to fix a bug in the Windows XP Hyperthreading support. The new kernel hotfix rollup package includes the most recent versions 5.1.2600.1224.

A kernel rollup hotfix package is available for Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1). The kernel rollup hotfix package replaces the hotfixes that are listed in the Hotfix Replacement Information section later in this article, and it corrects the following issues:

The issues that are described in the articles that are listed in the Hotfix Replacement Information section later in this article
The issue whereby the user interface for multilingual binary files (such as Comctl32.dll) is displayed in English on computers that run Windows XP Professional Language Interface Pack (LIP)
The hotfixes in the Hotfix Replacement Information list do not contain the latest version of the Windows XP kernel files. These hotfixes have been repackaged in the kernel rollup hotfix package. This package contains updates to the kernel files in Windows XP and Windows XP SP1. The package was created to address a file version incompatibility issue that occurs when you install the update that is documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article and then install any of the hotfixes that are documented in the Hotfix Replacement Information section later in this article:
811493 MS03-013: Buffer Overrun in Windows Kernel Message Handling Could Lead to Elevated Privileges

Hotfix Replacement Information

This hotfix replaces the hotfixes that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles. To view an article, click the article number.

330909 Hibernation Problem on Computers with 1 GB of RAM

814545 Registry Repair and Recovery May Inadvertently Delete a Subset of Keys

815011 Cannot Disable the Registry Repair and Recovery Feature in Windows XP Service Pack 1

815227 Performance Degradation Occurs in the UnmapViewOfFile Function

Because it mentions Hyperthreading is this geared more towards people with Intel CPUs or should all apply this fix?

This fix is only for PC's with Pentium 4 processors that have a problem and slowdown after installing SP1.

if you don't have a mobo that has hyperthreading technology i believe (in my opinion) that this is unnecessary

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back