shortcut to Lock Computer

B

bytezboy

Is there a way to lock the computer with a keyboard shortcut (instead of pressing ctrl+alt del first) or a command line argument like a shortuct to shutdown a computer (rundll.exe ______)?

yes! make a shortcut and use

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

as the target

:)

Locking Comp.

Hi, This may seem a silly question, but when you 'Lock' the pc via Win Key+L, how do you unlock it???I don't lock mine cos I am not sure how to unlock it.Cheers.:cool:

You type in your User's Password, or if it doesn't have one, just click your user :)

I think! LOL.

yes! make a shortcut and use

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

as the target
Or just hit "Win Key + L"

Windows Key + L at the same time works just fine.

If you locked your computer; and don't have any password; no worries; it is not really locked :p Just click your user name and you will be back in Windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back