shortcut for shutdown?

V

vdubVR6

:D okay i have a shortcut at home that lets me shutdown windows xp pro. but i want a shortcut for work that will let me do the same only it will be on windows 2000 pro. so if anyone out there knows how to make a shortcut to shutdown Windows 2000 pro please let me know.......:( it would make my life so much easier at the end of the day when it comes time to catch the elevator if i didnt have to wait to shutdown.

Many Thanks

man no one knows how to make a shortcut in win2k to shutdown the pc. how bout a reg key entry or something, anything.....= (

shutdown -s 00 <-- immediate shutdown..

6 secs b4 i shut down

MdSalih

I like the lock pc option, simply create a new shortcut with:

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

[=

thx guys 4 postin i didnt think n e 1 would just bc i was speakin bout win2k(only@work of course),... madmatt i already use that little trick for when i go to lunch = ) i love it, keeps my fellow coworkers from peakin on my chiot,..........and MdSalih im gonna test your lil trick tues. @ work and see if it works..hope so, save me time and an elevator battle......neways thx

:D

:( nope MdSalih didnt work "shutdown -s 00" not a valid win2k command turns out win2k doesnt have a "shutdown" command. guess they named it something else? i dunno o'well thx 4 trying!!!

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back