short somewhere on my motherboard tray, troubleshooting help

logisticprism

Time Dr. Freeman?
i bought a new motherboard, and it works perfectly out of box, but when it mount it onto my motherboard tray it doesn't work. i think this is because there is a short somewhere on the tray(maybe i bent something on the tray). when i looked more closely at the tray, i saw that somehow when i built my computer initially i had put 11 brass mounting spacers on the tray instead of 10, and that 1 of them was extra and out of place (meaning no hole on the motherboard lined up with it). do you think that could be causing the short? any other tips or troubleshooting help would be much appreciated.

Ive had that happen to me, an extra spacer where there was no hole on the motherboard. Killed it, RMA'd it.

Yea I would say try removing the extra spacer. I had the same problem, my case didn't have enough support for the mobo, so putting in PCI cards it would flex and they wouldn't seat right. So I added a few, but of course the PC would power up with them in, so I had to remove them.

Just a tip everytime you install a mobo get a sheet of paper/cardboard and slide it under the motherboard, if you know theres a spacer there it's cool keep searching then if you find a blockage and you didn't know a spacer was there then you know :).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back