Shockwave problem

zapoqx

Striking Master
I am having a problem with the Shockwave player and I don't know what else to do.

I have uninstalled it and re-installed it. I tried disabling StyleXP. It isn't working. I don't know what else it could be.

When I go into something that uses Macromedia Shockwave Player (such as a game for the most part), within a few seconds (unless i'm in menu's), it will crash (weather its a shockwave exe or if its a internet).

When it crashes, I check the modname it refers to and I find it refers to iml32.dll which seems to be located in Windows/system32/Macromed/Shockwave 10

Is there a fix?

Last edited:
scan for spyware. use both microsoft anti spywear beata and adaware. (at seperate times). then completly unisntall the player del any left over folders for it then reboot then reinstall.

You could try uninstalling shockwave.
Then go into safe mode (F8 at boot) and run a search for iml32.dll. Delete all the copies you come across, reboot, and install shockwave again.

I tried your suggestions and it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?
Is it possible it can be caused by codecs? I know that when I used Windows Movie Maker, it was a problem with one of the codec. If so, is it possible that I can disable it from Java?

I have now noticed it is becoming an issue with not that dll file anymore, but now with npswf32.dll
So it seems it fixed the iml32.dll issue. What is going on?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back