Shell Desktops???????

P

peroxide

Im 3 months new to Windows XP. So far I have used WindowBlinds(Didn't like it), Style XP(Likes it) and now Aston Shell Desktop(Love it).

But my question is, besides Aston, is there any other programs out there like it.

There are alot of others.

Litestep
geoShell
Talisman
Darkstep
Outsider99
NextSTART
HoverDesk
WinSTEP

That's all I know of.

Here you go m8,

Aston Shell

I strongly suggest you read up on it, before you actually use it, it's not that hard to use, good luck.

:cool:

Originally posted by ZipTriX
There are alot of others.

Litestep
geoShell
Talisman
Darkstep
Outsider99
NextSTART
HoverDesk
WinSTEP

That's all I know of.

Thanks man. I will look into them

Litestep, I know is free, and some of the others as well, not sure which ones though.

:cool:

if you want something intricate and with lots of visual complexity, like aston - don't get aston! first of all, you have to pay a whopping $28 for it - Litestep is free! Also, you can do more with litestep, because it has a much larger community associated with it. if you rather something more minimal, try SharpE or GeOShell

www.litestep.com
www.geoshellx.com
www.lowdimension.net

Yeah no kidding. Now I wonder how long it will be before litestep.net is back online. lol

Litestep Themes

Litestep Installer

*NOTE* If you use Litestep and change themes pay close attention. Themes can be distro or OTS. If they are distro, you must have the distro patch.

Second link given, provides more information.

I don't know how much easier you can get with just placing the theme in the theme folder and click recycle. Maybe that's too difficult for some people. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back