Sharing Information with Microsoft Worker

pipdipchip

OSNN Junior Addict
Okay, here's the deal. I'm a tester for SP2. Like a long time ago I submitted a bug relating to installing SP2 Beta. Today I got a personal e-mail from a Microsoft worker asking for some information. He had a few basic questions and then gave me a prompt to run that output a bunch of information to a file. It's pretty much a weird DIR of my whole Documents and Settings folder. Anyway, I sent that and then just like an hour later he replied with some questions. My question is... should I submit that information to a personal Microsoft worker? Also, what is he doing a work on this hour? It's like midnight in Redmond. I know it's a real worker because he has a true @microsoft.com and I don't see any other way of getting the bug report.

Here's the e-mail (editted):

Sent : Tuesday, July 6, 2004 2:26 PM
To : <pip----@hotmail.com>
Subject : SP2 access denied error during install

| | | Inbox

HI Christopher, I am following up on a Bug report you logged against SP2 install.

Can you provide more information about your system?

Specifically, aside from anything you can tell me, I would like to know:

1) What permissions are set on the “\Documents And Settings\All Users” folder. Did you modify these permissions manually at any time?

2) What other software do you have running on this machine? Are there any antivirus or system utilities you might be using that might have changed the permissions on these folders?

3) Can you send me a directory dump of everything under the All Users profile , ie from a command line you should be able to get this via the following command:

dir "%allusersprofile%" /s > c:\alluser.txt

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back