Shares multiple folders through a script

jonny813

OSNN Addict
Hey, can anyone give any help in as to how to create a script that will share all folders within a given folder. An example of what I mean would be say in a school where each student has a home folder under their year group, how could I share all these folders individually without having to do soo manually.
I need the script to create a hidden share using the folder name as the share name
Set the share permissions to allow everyone full control
And perhaps disable caching of the folder and its contents

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

LOL sorry did not realise. At least others will find the solution too ;)

hmm.. how did I miss this thread before - usually the scripting threads catch my eye..

But I would have suggested both the vbs script approach and/or the dos batch approach myself. You could also look at using the rmtshare utility found in the old NT4 resource kit with the batch file approach. It is a little more versitle than "net share" in that you could use it to create the shares remotely.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back