Shareaza Rocks!!!

If you haven't checked out Shareaza I definitely recommend it. I'm on a 28.8 dial-up connection as that's the fastest connection I can get where I'm at (I don't know why they haven't made broadband available where I'm at cause I'm just 5 kms or maybe a bit less out of town... it's just a small town though too) neways... I'm downloading something right now at an average speed of 21 kb/s... it started out at 130 or so and went down from there... but I downloaded 1.4 MB's in less than a min.... usually it takes at least 10 min. to download 1 MB
Check out the screen shot for proof.
I highly recommend this program for your P2P activities. ;)

[edit] Oh ya... I can still surf relatively normally to... it's obviously a little slower... but still not bad... better than when I'm downloading something with getright... then I can't stay signed into messenger... now I can stay signed into messenger and chat normally... I'm impressed [/edit]

This is just my opinion, but I prefer Kazaa. I'm on broadband, (I'm even in a small town, too! ;) ) so I don't really care how fast it downloads, cause I know it'll be fast. (Sorry if I'm raving)

lol... i don't care if you don't use Shareaza... I'm just raving about how good it's doing on my DIAL-UP connection... I'm getting broadband speeds... or speeds I should only be able to get with broadband... I use kazaa too... and for now I still prefer the interface but I think Shareaza is gonna grow on me :D

[edit] you have to admit though that the speed I'm getting is good for dial-up... you can't argue that... and I've never gotten it w/ Kazaa [/edit]

While the program may be reporting that you are downloading at 21k, I highly doubt that you are. You can't get that speed down a phone line.

you know what... i think your right... i was just looking through the settings and one of the options was to display speeds in bits/second, bytes/second, kilobytes/second, etc.... and it was set to bits/second.... not kbytes/second... ah well... it still doesn't explain why I was downloading so much faster than normal... like over a Megabyte in a minute... usually that takes about 10 min for 1 megabyte
it's still a good program though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back