share Printer ?

mooo

thecyberninja
I just got a HP usb printer. I was wondering what the best cheapest way to share it to the other desktop and the laptop i have in my room ( 3 pc's, 2 usb and 1 parallel). The laptop only has 1 usb port and that is for keyboard. and right now uses parallel.
i tried to look at www.microcenter.com but wasn't sure exactly what i needed.

ming

OSNN Advanced
That would depend on how often you will be printing, how big th printer is and whether you're in a network or not.

1) If it's a small-ish printer you could always move it around the house when printing is required - obviously this could be a hassle.

2) Install the printer on one machine and share it between the computers (if networked).

3) If you print very often and have a home network, you may decide that a print server would be more appropriate - less moving around, no (pc) server required when someone wants to print, but does cost a bit.

I'd say go for the first two options if you don't want to spend any money. But if you really want more convenience than anything, then a print server would be the better option. I chose this option because I have a wireless network and didn't to leave a pc on whenever my sister wants to print from downstairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut